A Winter Storm Warning is Officially in Effect for Mississauga
It's official: Mississauga is experiencing its first major winter storm of 2019.
Environment Canada recently put out a winter storm warning for Brampton and Mississauga, reminding residents that hazardous winter conditions are expected (which will come as no surprise to anyone who has attempted to brave the weather outside).
The weather agency says residents can expect snow—which will be heavy, at some points—to continue falling this evening and into Tuesday morning. Blowing snow will also cause visibility issues throughout the night.
Environment Canada says total snowfall accumulations of 15 to 25 cm are likely, with the highest amounts expected closer to Lake Ontario.
Naturally, drivers will find it more difficult to commute home tonight and to work on Tuesday morning.
Residents should note that highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow.
If you can stay off the road tonight, try and do so.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Local woman calls 911 because she’s late for her train
- Here’s where Mississauga ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada