A well-known restaurant and nightlife hotspot has closed down in Mississauga
Mississauga residents who love international beer might be a little sad to hear that a well-known bar, restaurant and nightlife spot has shuttered its doors for good in Mississauga.
Bier Markt, the popular chain that operates multiple locations throughout Canada, recently closed its Square One-area location.
The resto, which took over the space once occupied by On the Curve, opened to a great deal of fanfare in 2014.
The restaurant, which served over 150 beers (or biers) from over 25 countries, along with charcuterie boards, fondue and other elevated pub favourites, offered diners a decidedly European-inspired dining option in the city.
Now, based on signage posted outside the restaurant, it appears that an auction was held in December to allow a new franchisee to bid on the location.
The new franchisee has not yet been announced, but it does appear that someone has asked for a minor variance to be made to the property, based on this sign from the City of Mississauga.
We'll keep you updated on details regarding the space as they emerge.
- Popular Restaurant Moving into West 50 Space in Mississauga
- Popular International Restaurant Opening First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Very Popular Restaurant Shutters Well-Known Location in Mississauga
- Popular Casual Restaurant Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Bier Markt Opening in Mississauga’s City Centre
- Mayor and public health reveal Mississauga neighbourhood with higher concentration of COVID-19 cases
- Protest against anti-Black racism planned for Mississauga
- Ontario plans for Stage 2 of economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- A list of Black-owned businesses in Mississauga
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie addresses calls to defund Peel Regional Police