A well-known restaurant and nightlife hotspot has closed down in Mississauga
Mississauga residents who love international beer might be a little sad to hear that a well-known bar, restaurant and nightlife spot has shuttered its doors for good in Mississauga.
Bier Markt, the popular chain that operates multiple locations throughout Canada, recently closed its Square One-area location.
The resto, which took over the space once occupied by On the Curve, opened to a great deal of fanfare in 2014.
The restaurant, which served over 150 beers (or biers) from over 25 countries, along with charcuterie boards, fondue and other elevated pub favourites, offered diners a decidedly European-inspired dining option in the city.
Now, based on signage posted outside the restaurant, it appears that an auction was held in December to allow a new franchisee to bid on the location.
The new franchisee has not yet been announced, but it does appear that someone has asked for a minor variance to be made to the property, based on this sign from the City of Mississauga.
We'll keep you updated on details regarding the space as they emerge.
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Popular Restaurant Moving into West 50 Space in Mississauga
- Bier Markt Opening in Mississauga’s City Centre
- Very Popular Restaurant Shutters Well-Known Location in Mississauga
- Popular Casual Restaurant Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow