A Very Cool Spa Just Opened in Mississauga
If you've been looking for a novel way to relax, we have absolutely fantastic news for you—Float Mississauga has just opened its doors in Port Credit.
Spa aficionados (or anyone looking for a new way to relax) might be interested to know that Float is the city's first dedicated float spa.
As for how it works, guests who attend the spa get to float in a private pod full of salt water.
The pods are filled with epsom salts and provide bathers with a zero-gravity environment. According to the spa's website, the epsom salts soften the skin and increase feelings of relaxation (among other things). The zero-gravity environment is purported to reduce joint and muscle pain and increase blood circulation. The pods also provide sensory deprivation, as they temporarily close you off from the outside world, allowing you to, ideally, reflect and relax.
You can purchase a single float session for $69, a double float for $85 or a three-float pack for $129. Ten float packs are also available for $399 and monthly memberships can be purchased for $39 for one float a month.
The spa provides towels, earplugs, shampoo and conditioner and quiet hairdryers. Guests are asked to bring their own hairbrushes and shower caps (and only if they don't want to get their hair wet, caps are not required for all guests).
If you plan on booking a float, be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to your session. You may want to delay your session if you have just shaved, as the high amount of salt in the weather could irritate your skin. The spa also advises people to avoid floating if they've eaten a meal within the last 30-45 minutes. Guests who have dyed their hair within the last 48 hours are also advised to delay their session, as dye can seep out and contaminate the water.
People who wear contacts are advised to remove them before floating and while the activity is usually safe for pregnant woman, spa operators advise pregnant guests to check with their healthcare provider before booking a session.
For more information, click here.
- Top 5 Ways to Destress in Mississauga
- Staycation: How to spend a day in Port Credit in Mississauga
- Ontario legislators to extend emergency declaration during session
- Everything You Need to Know About a Stunning Water Lantern Festival That’s Coming to Mississauga
- Here’s Everything You Need to Know About the Santa Claus Parade in Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths