A Major Police Blitz is Coming to Mississauga
While you should never drink and drive, you should take extra care to make safe transportation arrangements this weekend in Mississauga.
Peel police recently announced that Road Safety Services will be conducting a St. Patrick's Day R.I.D.E. program on March 17, 2019.
R.I.D.E. focuses on detecting and removing drivers who choose to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Peel police conduct R.I.D.E. checks throughout the year and "maintain a zero-tolerance policy with respect to impaired driving related offences."
Police are advising residents to choose a designated driver and to decide who’s going to be doing the driving beforehand and make sure that person does not consume any alcohol and drugs.
Partiers can also rely on taxis, Ubers or public transportation to reach their destination.
If you suspect that someone is operating a motor vehicle while impaired, call 9-1-1 when safe to do so.
- House of the Week: $1.5 Mil Home With Stunning All-White Bathrooms
- Unique Event Coming to Beloved Boutique Hotel in Mississauga
- Fire Crews on Scene for Vehicle Fire in Mississauga
- 5 Strange and Unique Places to Visit Outside of Mississauga This Summer
- International Pop Stars Coming to Two-Day Festival at Celebration Square in Mississauga