A Look at a Brand New Condo Development Coming to Mississauga
Not everyone loves condos, but it doesn’t look like Mississauga will stop welcoming them anytime soon and for good reason—they’re truly the last bastion of “affordable housing” and while they’re typically quite compact, they offer families a chance to enter the market or simply put down roots in the community.
Now, it appears that a new development is about to take shape in the Rockwood Mall area in Mississauga (see above).
Chelsea on the Green, a Lormel Homes development, will be located at 1850 Rathburn Road East and Ponytrail Drive in Rockwood Village. The first phase is a 12-story building with 153 units and 22 different floor plans. Like other newer developments, the units are on the cozy side, with suites ranging from 524 to 749 square feet.
A second tower is also in the works for the future.
You can see a map of the location here:
The development makes sense, as the building is close to a host of amenities, including the Kingsbury Centre—a shopping plaza with a Longo’s, Starbucks, Shoppers Drug Mart, Italian bakery, Chinese restaurant, Subway restaurant, TD Bank, medical centre and much more.
As far as “in house” amenities go, the Chelsea on the Green website says residents can expect a lobby with 24-hour concierge, party room, meeting room, fitness center, a yoga/pilates room, guest suite, multipurpose room, lockers and bike storage.
Interestingly enough, there’s also a dog wash centre.
The condo is also close to Centennial Park (which is technically in Toronto, but nearby parks are always a big bonus for residents).
What do you think, Mississauga? Would you consider purchasing a unit in this area?
For more info, click here.
All photos courtesy of Lormel Homes
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- Highway Closed After Shooting Leaves One Dead in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Roads Closed Following a Mississauga Collision Involving a Pedestrian
- Man Arrested at Pearson Airport in Connection with Long-Standing Fraud
- PHOTOS: Another Major Condo Development Planned for Mississauga
- A Unique New Housing Development is Coming to Mississauga
- A Major New Condo Development is Moving Forward in Mississauga
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- A Brand New Condo is Headed to Mississauga's City Centre