A loaded semi-automatic was seized from an 18-year-old in Mississauga
Officers from 11 Division have charged an 18-year-old Toronto man with numerous firearm related offences during a traffic stop in the City of Mississauga.
On Friday, October 30, 2020, at approximately 9:00 p.m., officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of Confederation Parkway and Agnes Street in the City of Mississauga. The driver of the vehicle attempted to evade police, however, he was taken into custody a short time later without incident.
As a result, a loaded semi-automatic Smith and Wesson .40 calibre firearm was seized.
Trequan Lodge, an 18-year-old man from Toronto, was charged with the following offences:
Flight from Peace Officer
Possession of a Loaded Firearm
Carry Firearm in a Careless Manner
Knowledge of an Unauthorized Firearm
Tampering with Serial Number of Firearm
Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Order x2
Fail to Comply with Undertaking
Fail to Comply with Release Order
Possession for the Purpose - Cocaine
Trequan Lodge was held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on October 31, 2020.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Man charged with firearm-related offences following traffic stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged with numerous firearm and drug related offences
- Impaired driving call leads police to seize loaded firearm in Mississauga
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month