A Heat Warning in effect for Mississauga
A heat event is expected in Mississauga.
Timing: Today through Monday. The heat event may persist into Tuesday.
Maximum temperatures today: 30 to 32 degrees Celsius (Humidex 38 to 40).
Maximum temperatures Monday: 31 to 33 degrees Celsius (Humidex 39 to 41).
Minimum overnight temperatures: 20 to 23 degrees Celsius.
Hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and can result in the Air Quality Health Index to approach the high risk category.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- Large Mississauga complex used by Bell sold in billion dollar deal
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car