A Heat Warning in effect for Mississauga
A heat event is expected in Mississauga.
Timing: Today through Monday. The heat event may persist into Tuesday.
Maximum temperatures today: 30 to 32 degrees Celsius (Humidex 38 to 40).
Maximum temperatures Monday: 31 to 33 degrees Celsius (Humidex 39 to 41).
Minimum overnight temperatures: 20 to 23 degrees Celsius.
Hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and can result in the Air Quality Health Index to approach the high risk category.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in the Canada
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl