564 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, close to 700 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 564 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 450 residents have died of the virus. While case numbers are increasing, it does not appear that the rate of hospitalizations is increasing significantly at this time.
As of 4:00 pm on April 16, Ontario is reporting 9,525 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 478 people have died of the disease, while another 4,556 have made full recoveries.
The province says 829 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 245 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 200 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 136,992 people have been tested for the virus and 5,993 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 8,899 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 17), 1,274 people have been diagnosed in the region and 32 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 20 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eleven deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
Peel Public Health says eight residents have died in long-term care homes.
There are currently 522 cases in Brampton, 47 in Caledon and 694 in Mississauga.
Eleven cases are pending more information.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 359 confirmed cases in the region as of 1:00 pm on April 17.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 359 confirmed cases reported by the Halton Region, 72 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 116 in Oakville, 66 in Burlington and 105 in Halton Hills.
The region says 47 probable cases are currently under investigation.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 550 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Close to 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 600 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Over 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 650 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Over 600 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, close to 1,000 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic