5 Unique Outdoor Activities to Try Outside of Mississauga
Even though the summer vacation is winding down, there’s still time to enjoy some fun in the sun outside of the city. If you’re running out of things on your to-do list, maybe add one of these spots to it! Here are 5 unique outdoor activities you can try outside of Mississauga!
5) Falconry Experience: Spend a Day, Fly a Bird of Prey! - Erin, Ontario
If you’re a bird/animal lover and always wanted to get up close to the action, this is for you! Hawkeye Canada has a workshop dedicated to training you how to fly birds of prey, also known as Raptors. There are 20 birds you can work with, including falcons, hawks and owls. Workshops range from 1 - 3 hours in length.
Photo courtesy of Hawkeye Canada
4) Scenic Caves Nature Adventures - Collingwood, Ontario
Here’s a chance to channel your inner spelunker! Visitors can explore caves, caverns and crevasses carved millions of years ago by glacial ice, and see the breathtaking lookouts from the highest point of the Niagara Escarpment. You can also try treetop walking & ziplining on a guided Eco Adventure Tour, ride on Rocky the train, explore the Children’s Adventure Playground, pan for gemstones at the Gemstone Mining Tower, play a round of mini-golf, feed the fish in the trout pond, and enjoy picnic areas, a snack bar and gift shop. The park is open now until October!
Photo courtesy of Scenic Caves
3) Hamilton Harbour Queen Cruises - Hamilton, Ontario
Take a chance to view the beautiful scenery in Hamilton that can only be seen from the water. The cruise has been taking passengers around the harbour since 1956, although no longer on the same ship. The cruise offers dining, sightseeing, dance parties and special events. Bookings are available now until mid-October.
Photo courtesy of Habour Queen Cruises
2) Little Cove Adventures Ariel Park - Tobermary, Ontario
Located on the Bruce Peninsula, visitors can take on the rope course that offers challenges and different obstacles as they traverse between trees or poles. The course has a variety of nets, swings, beams, tires, & rope crossings to try out, and guests can choose the difficulty based on the route. All sessions are looked over by trained guides, so it’s an excellent choice for the whole family!
Photo courtesy of Little Cove Adventures
1) Toronto Motorsports Park - Toronto Ontario
If you’re a car or adrenaline lover, here’s a chance to take a spin in style. Guests can drive an exotic dream car or late-model American muscle car of their choice in the Exotic Dream Car Experience on a 1.8 km road circuit. This program was designed and run by former professional race car driver Uli Bieri, and includes in-class briefing, two practice laps & drive time.
If you’re a fan of formula racing, you can get behind the wheel of a single-seated, open-wheeled F-2000 formula racing car on the challenging road course. Visitors can also watch the car and motorcycle races on the dragway and road course.
Photo courtesy of Toronto Motorsports Park
Cover photo courtesy of Scenic Caves
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month