5 best retreats to escape technology near Mississauga
After a long, and very arduous election campaign, and the constant bickering between the alt-right and the control left, you might just want to delete your social media accounts entirely and move to an isolated cabin in the forest.
However, before you go the route of the hermit, you might just want to take some time to unplug and get away from social media.
These are the top five places to take a break from social media in Mississauga
Located in Peterborough County, this women’s only retreat centre that offers plenty of activities for women to escape the stress of their day-to-day lives including aromatherapy massage, craniosacral therapy, reflexology, reiki, yoga, and more.
Additionally, you can take part in a full-moon drum circle under the stars.
Photo courtesy of @adele_passmore’s Instagram
Located 145 km from the GTA, this retreat centre is perfect for people looking to get away from the grind of the city and relax in a serene expanse of forest along Georgian Bay.
You’ll be able to pick your package from themes including yoga, and stress release. Plus, while you’re there, you can take advantage of the plethora of hiking trails available.
Photo courtesy of Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre’s Instagram
This retreat centre, located in Algonquin Park, is great for a group of friends looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city together.
Guests can feel connected to nature while staying in eco-cabins, and there are plenty of activities to take part in including hiking, canoeing, and yoga.
Additionally, guests can expect great, nourishing meals made with organic local foods.
Photo courtesy of Northern Edge Algonquin Nature Retreat’s Instagram
Located on Wolf Island in Lake Ontario, this retreat centre has plenty of packages for people looking to unplug and escape the city.
Packages focus on yoga, including kundalini, silent, and mala making, and others--each with different instructors. Additionally, during your stay, you’ll learn about nutritious, conscious cooking.
Photo courtesy of Shanti Retreat’s Instagram
Located in Bancroft, Ontario, Gail Springs was named Canada’s best wellness retreat by the World Spa Awards.
It offers two to 21-night stays during which you can enjoy daily yoga and meditation, saunas, hot and cold mineral tubs, guided hikes, plant-based meals, and treatments at the spa.
Additionally, there are also spiritual enrichment programs offered as well.
Photo and cover photo courtesy of @riddlaur’s Instagram
- PM hosts cabinet retreat to plot path through pandemic, resumption of Parliament
- Brand new yoga and wellness facility now open in Mississauga
- Capture Perfect Moments with This Unique Photo Booth Service in Mississauga
- Outside Mississauga: 5 fall camping destinations to get back to nature
- Outside Mississauga: 5 Ontario experiences away from the city
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga