460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,979 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 460 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,000 residents have died of the virus, with 1,300 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 24, Ontario is reporting 25,500 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,073 people have died of the disease, while another 19,477 cases have resolved.
The province says 878 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 148 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 104 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 611,369 tests for the virus have been completed and 3,216 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 11,383 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 24), 4,050 people have been diagnosed in the region and 244 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 180 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Sixty-three deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 200 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,910 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 896 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 153 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 602 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,956 cases in Brampton, 105 in Caledon and 1,979 in Mississauga.
Ten cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,006 total cases found in Mississauga
- 413 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,885 total cases found in Mississauga
- 441 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,922 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,125 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- Brampton councillor ordered to pay court costs after losing case against city