434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,394 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 434 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,200 residents have died of the virus.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of May 3, Ontario is reporting 17,553 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,216 people have died of the disease, while another 12,005 cases have been resolved.
The province says 1,010 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 232 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 174 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 327,505 people have been tested for the virus and 9,785 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,146 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated on May 3), 2,630 people have been diagnosed in the region and 130 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 93 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. 31 deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 153 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 247 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,383 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 73 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 23 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 472 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,161 cases in Brampton, 70 in Caledon and 1,394 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,360 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Ontario to announce fall COVID-19 plan today
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Ontario rolls out massive flu shot campaign in bid to keep hospitals from overflowing amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21