441 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,922 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 441 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,000 residents have died of the virus, with 1,262 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 22, Ontario is reporting 24,628 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,021 people have died of the disease, while another 18,767 cases have resolved.
The province says 961 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 153 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 120 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 588,958 tests for the virus have been completed and 5,516 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 11,276 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 22), 3,886 people have been diagnosed in the region and 236 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 174 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Sixty deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 197 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,821 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 829 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 147 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 32 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 589 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,853 cases in Brampton, 102 in Caledon and 1,922 in Mississauga.
Nine cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,006 total cases found in Mississauga
- 413 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,885 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,970 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities