399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,498 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 399 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,400 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 7, Ontario is reporting 19,121 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,477 people have died of the disease, while another 13,569 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,033 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 220 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 155 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 380,854 people have been tested for the virus and 13,012 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 15,179 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:30 pm on May 7), 2,864 people have been diagnosed in the region and 165 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 118 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Forty-six deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 166 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 286 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,578 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 93 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 25 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 497 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,287 cases in Brampton, 73 in Caledon and 1,498 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,469 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- Biggest party bust Mississauga has seen during quarantine results in heavy fines
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Anti-mask protest at City Hall in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win