356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,306 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 356 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,300 residents have died of the virus, with 1,509 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 4, Ontario is reporting 29,403 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,357 people have died of the disease, while another 23,208 cases have resolved.
The province says 776 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 121 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 94 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 786,323 tests for the virus have been completed and 12,760 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 20,822 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 1:45 pm on June 4), 5,000 people have been diagnosed in the region and 282 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 205 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 241 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,755 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 963 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 180 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 35 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 615 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,560 cases in Brampton, 132 in Caledon and 2,306 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,211 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,343 total cases found in Mississauga
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,243 total cases found in Mississauga
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool