344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,125 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 344 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,200 residents have died of the virus, with 1,412 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 29, Ontario is reporting 27,210 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,230 people have died of the disease, while another 20,983 cases have resolved.
The province says 826 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 129 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 100 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 680,687 tests for the virus have been completed and 13,351 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 18,525 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 29), 4,496 people have been diagnosed in the region and 274 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 199 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-three have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 214 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,267 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 955 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 175 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 610 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,251 cases in Brampton, 116 in Caledon and 2,125 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- 287 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,031 total cases found in Mississauga
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,306 total cases found in Mississauga
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,243 total cases found in Mississauga
- Arrest made after vehicle travelled wrong way on Hwy 403 Mississauga
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Ontario set to announce plans for Stage 3 of COVID reopening
- UPDATE: 82 year old motorcyclist dead following crash in Mississauga