287 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,031 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 287 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario (the lowest increase in days) and that over 2,100 residents have died of the virus, with 1,335 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 26, Ontario is reporting 26,191 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,123 people have died of the disease, while another 19,958 cases have resolved.
The province says 848 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 143 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 113 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 629,414 tests for the virus have been completed and 6,961 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 9,875 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 26), 4,230 people have been diagnosed in the region and 268 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 196 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 209 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,021 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 941 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 170 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 607 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,089 cases in Brampton, 108 in Caledon and 2,031 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,125 total cases found in Mississauga
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,211 total cases found in Mississauga
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,306 total cases found in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw