230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 230 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,585 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 9, Ontario is reporting 31,090 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,464 people have died of the disease, while another 24,829 cases have resolved.
The province says 600 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 116 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 88 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 880,398 tests for the virus have been completed and 11,020 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 13,509 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:03 pm on June 9), 5,281 people have been diagnosed in the region and 293 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 210 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-one have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 270 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,147 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 841 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 184 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 36 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 613 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,739 cases in Brampton, 143 in Caledon and 2,397 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,455 total cases found in Mississauga
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity