18 year old Brampton male arrested after armed robbery in Mississauga
Police have recently made an arrest following an armed robbery in Mississauga.
Around 3:30pm on October 19, 2019, two masked suspects armed with a handgun entered a Mississauga bank.
“The suspects vaulted the service counter, confronted the employees and made a demand for money,” police say. “The suspects fled the bank in a red Audi A4.”
That same day at approximately 4:45pm, the suspects allegedly entered another bank in the city of Cambridge, demanded money in a similar fashion, and fled in the same vehicle.
No injuries were reported in either incident.
Upon investigation, police have located and arrested a suspect reportedly found to be in possession of ammunition for a firearm and offence-related property.
The 18 year old Brampton man is charged with Robbery, Wear Disguise, and Possession of Ammunition for a Dangerous Purpose.
He attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton for a bail hearing on Saturday, March 7, 2020.
Police say the suspect’s identity will be protected, as a general provision of the Youth Criminal Justice Act prohibits the release of the name of a young person.
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Four Males for Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Police seeking two armed suspects after bank robbery in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga
- Crash in Mississauga Leads to Arrest of Four Armed Robbery Suspects
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win