16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga
Investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau along with the assistance from policing partners with the Brantford Police Service have charged a 16-year old man with a shooting incident that occurred in the area of Acorn Place in the City of Mississauga in January 2020.
Police say on January 30, 2020, at approximately 12:50 a.m., gunshots were fired at two victims in the area of 85 Acorn Place.
Police say there were no injuries to anyone as a result and the suspect(s) were seen fleeing the area in a vehicle.
On November 20, 2020, a Canada-Wide arrest warrant was issued for an identified suspect in relation to this shooting incident.
On January 23, 2021, police say the suspect was investigated by members of the Brantford Police Service on an unrelated matter and was arrested on the outstanding warrant.
Investigators have charged a 16-year-old man from Mississauga with two counts of attempted murder and one count of failing to comply with a release order.
He appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton for a bail hearing.
According to a release, a general provision of the Youth Criminal Justice Act (Y.C.J.A.) prohibits the release of the name of a Young Person and, therefore, the identities of the Young Persons charged in this investigation are protected.
Police are asking anyone who may have information in relation to this incident to contact investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477),
- Man charged with attempted murder after firing at vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Youth charged in Mississauga homicide investigation
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Canada Wide Warrant Issued in Brampton Cemetery Shooting
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- Linen Chest coming to Square One in Mississauga