13 degree temperature swing brings rain, snow, and sunshine this week in Ontario

By

Published December 3, 2023 at 7:22 pm

Residents in Mississauga, Brampton, Halton, and Hamilton may want to prepare for a varied week of weather which includes sunshine, rain, snow, and fluctuating temperatures.

Last week, a low-pressure system entered the Great Lakes, bringing to the region cold rain, flurries and frigid temperatures.

The coldest day in southern Ontario was on Tuesday (Nov. 28) when temperatures shifted below -14 C. However, the cold snap gave way to a milder weekend, with temperatures reaching a high of 7 C by Saturday.

As of today (Dec. 3) temperatures will rise to 3 C with periods of rain which will transition to snow later in the evening and is expected to conclude after midnight. The skies will then remain cloudy with a 60 per cent chance of flurries. Local snowfall accumulation may be around 2 centimetres. The overnight low is anticipated to be minus 1.

Monday brings a high of 3 C with cloudy conditions throughout the day. There is a 40 per cent chance of flurries or rain around noon. The evening will have partly cloudy skies with winds speeds picking up to 15 km/h. The low will drop to – 5 C, and the wind chill will make it feel like minus 8 overnight.

According to Environment Canada, the day is poised for a mix of sun and clouds, maintaining temperatures at a steady 0 C. As the evening approaches, temperatures will gradually drop, settling at -5 C.

Meteorologists are forecasting a daytime high of -2 C  on Wednesday with a mix of cloudy skies and occasional sunny breaks. By the evening there will be intervals of cloudiness with a 30 per cent chance of flurries, as temperatures slip to minus 4.

On Thursday the sky will be overcast with a 60 per cent chance of either flurries or rain during the day, accompanied by high of 3 C. The cloudiness will persist into the evening with a 40 per cent chance of flurries and temperatures of 1 C.

As per the Weather Network, Friday’s forecast will be mainly cloudy while temperatures will stay at a constant 4 C. The overcast conditions show no signs of retreat, persisting seamlessly from day into the evening and extending through the night.

As Saturday draws near, temperatures are set to experience a subtle rise, reaching a daytime high of 7 C—making it the warmest day of the week. There will be predominantly cloudy skies and a 40 per cent chance of rain with an anticipated accumulation ranging between 10 to 15 millimeteres.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising