Youth charged in Mississauga homicide investigation
Investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau have charged a 16-year-old male youth in relation to a homicide investigation.
Police say on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, they were notified of a stabbing that occurred in the area of Montevideo Road and Battleford Road in Mississauga.
According to police, once officers arrived on the scene, they located a man suffering from a stab wound.
The man was transported to a trauma centre where he was pronounced deceased by paramedics, police say.
The victim in this incident is 20-year-old Ethan Nelles, a resident of Brampton, according to police.
On Wednesday, July 29, 2020, a 16-year-old male youth was arrested and charged with second-degree murder, according to police.
He was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice.
A general provision of the Youth Criminal Justice Act (Y.C.J.A.) prohibits the release of the name of a Young Person and, therefore, the identity of the Young Persons charged in this investigation is protected.
“This was a tragic incident which resulted in the senseless loss of a life. Violent crime is a priority for our service and will not be tolerated by the Peel Regional Police or the community it serves," said Deputy Chief Milinovich.
"Our success in identifying, locating and arresting the accused is a testament to the professionalism of our investigators and the community’s willingness to assist. This is a powerful combination which can help prevent violence from occurring but also provide closure for families and loved ones when it does."
This is an ongoing investigation and investigators are asking anyone with information to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police identify victim in fatal stabbing incident in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Police arrest two Peel gang members in unrelated homicide investigations
- Missing Woman Case Now a Homicide Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25