Youth centre employee from Mississauga charged with sexual assault
A youth worker from Mississauga has been charged with sexual assault.
Following a joint investigation between the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) and the Children’s Aid Society, 24-year-old Elizabeth Lopresti was arrested and charged with three offences:
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Exploitation
- Breach of Trust
Lopresti, an employee of the Syl Apps Youth Centre in Oakville, was released on a Promise to Appear in Milton Provincial Court on Tuesday November 3, 2020.
The offences allegedly took place at the Youth Centre and Lopresti was suspended from her position at the onset of the investigation.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact Detective Constable Dan Matthews of the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit at 905-825-4747 extension 8973.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of October 19 to 24
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths