Youth centre employee from Mississauga charged with sexual assault
A youth worker from Mississauga has been charged with sexual assault.
Following a joint investigation between the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) and the Children’s Aid Society, 24-year-old Elizabeth Lopresti was arrested and charged with three offences:
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Exploitation
- Breach of Trust
Lopresti, an employee of the Syl Apps Youth Centre in Oakville, was released on a Promise to Appear in Milton Provincial Court on Tuesday November 3, 2020.
The offences allegedly took place at the Youth Centre and Lopresti was suspended from her position at the onset of the investigation.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact Detective Constable Dan Matthews of the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit at 905-825-4747 extension 8973.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- By far the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario is in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now