You Will Be Ticketed for Doing This at a Red Light Camera in Mississauga
Every driver knows to stop at a red light, but you may want to be extra diligent about how exactly you "stop."
Peel Region has a system of red light cameras designed to catch drivers who don't stop properly at red lights.
Did you know: If you don't fully stop when making a right hand turn at a red light, you will find yourself with a ticket to pay.
The cameras are on 24/7 and photograph any vehicle that runs a red light. The cameras will also record the date and time of the incident, the vehicle's license plate and speed it was going, and even the length of time that the red light was active.
The set fine for running a red light is $325. Of the all cameras installed in Peel, these ones are are located in Mississauga:
Erin Mills Parkway at Britannia Road
Derry Road at Mavis Road
Derry Road at Airport Road
Derry Road at Rexwood Road
Derry Road West at Financial Drive
Winston Churchill Blvd. at Bromsgrove Road.
Derry Road at Meadowvale Blvd./Creditview Road.
Britannia Road West at Latimer Drive.
Derry Road West at Shelter Bay Road/Copenhagen Road
Dixie Road at Bloor Street
Mississauga Road at Meadowvale Boulevard
Erin Mills Parkway at Folkway Drive
Derry Road at Winston Churchill Boulevard
Erin Mills Parkway at Credit Valley Road
Derry Road at Tomken Road
Erin Mills Parkway at The Collegeway
Erin Mills Parkway at Erin Centre Boulevard
Erin Mills Parkway at Thomas Street
Derry Road at Hurontario Street
Erin Mills Parkway at Eglinton Avenue West
To be clear, signage does exist to warn drivers that they’re in a red light camera area.
Keep the cameras in mind and drive safely!
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Ontario Government Announces Buck a Beer by Labour Day
- Unique New Food Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated American Store Will Be Opening Its First Mississauga Location
- Popular American Store Coming to Mississauga Very Soon
- Over a Dozen New Red Light Cameras Coming to Brampton and Mississauga
- Part of Major Road Blocked Following Collision in Mississauga
- Major Road Closed After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Collision Causing Delays on Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga
- Major Collision at Burnhamthorpe and Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga