You Can Now Get Poutine at This Major Restaurant Chain
Their fresh-cut fries are something to rave about and it’s only fitting that we deliver this to you on National Poutine Day, Mississauga peeps.
Who doesn't love to indulge in fries, especially on a holiday (calories don’t count when it’s a special day, right)?
And now, some exciting news.
Swiss Chalet is offering up a few varieties of a Canadian classic: poutine.
There’s Taco Poutine … fries are topped with rotisserie chicken in an ancho sauce, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, then drizzled in sour cream and smothered in chalet sauce.
The Rotisserie Beef poutine comes with cheddar cheese and green onions before it’s smothered in gravy.
Finally, the Shawarma Poutine has fries covered with rotisserie chicken, feta cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, drizzled with a garlic aioli, smothered in chalet sauce and spiced with a lemon pepper seasoning.
It’s now being offered at all locations.
(Side note to tell my cousin Chris in Montreal — he absolutely LOVES Swiss Chalet and insists on stopping in whenever he’s in Ontario on business).
Are you going to try poutine at Swiss Chalet?
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Paid sick leave coming for Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario workers, says Premier Ford
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- From hotspot countries 26 more flights land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless