Yard Waste Schedule in Mississauga Set to Change
Ah, more garbage news (literally).
From July 4 to Sept 23, yard waste will be collected every other week, according to a recent Mississauga News article.
This applies to both Mississauga and Brampton.
If you want a refresher on how to properly dispose of yard waste, the aforementioned article has got you covered (but we'll summarize the salient points for you anyways).
Yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. in the appropriate receptacle. Your yard waste container must be clearly labeled as such and be firm and reusable with attached exterior handles. It should also be no more than 60 cm wide and 95 cm high and weigh less than 20 kg (or 44 lb) when full.
Brown paper bags used for yard waste must be no more than 66 cm wide and 90 cm high. They should not tear when lifted and they should be securely closed when full.
You can use your old garbage container or blue/grey box (if it's in good condition), just be sure to clearly label it Yard Waste.
If you want to drop off waste before pickup time, you can visit a Community Recycling Centre (a fee will be incurred).
Take a look at Peel's waste management website to learn more (http://www.peelregion.ca/waste).
- One Dead After Being Struck by Train at Clarkson GO
- Police Identify Second Suspect Wanted in “Vicious” Attack on Autistic Man in Mississauga
- Ontario NDP Promises Free Dental Care If They Win Election
- UPDATE: Police Release New Info on Suspects Wanted in Beating of Autistic Man in Mississauga
- Here’s How Mississauga is Getting Rid of Horrifying Insects