Worst Intersection in Mississauga Getting Redesigned
On September 24, 2015 Mayor Crombie, former Mayor McCallion and Councillor Tovey spoke at the announcement at the Waterside Inn. They were there to attend the ground breaking ceremony for the redevelopment and straightening of Stavebank Road in front of the Port Credit Post Office.
In Mississauga, the car is king. While we're one of the biggest cities in the country, our disparate hubs are far apart and, sometimes, the bus just doesn't cut it. Read more
There are many components required to achieve the re-alignment of the intersection Stavebank and Lakeshore intersection. It has been a four year process to get to the point where construction on the Post Office portion can start next week.inRumours: Cafe Diplomatico May Be Coming to Mississauga
Port Credit may possibly become home to Cafe Diplomatico Restaurant & Pizzeria - a popular Toronto icon located in Little Italy along College St. Read more First, the sorting room section of the Post Office will be torn down and replaced with a new glass addition with much needed office space for Port Credit. Two levels of underground parking are included with the development. The historic portion of the Post Office, built in 1923 will be preserved.
Once completed, CIBC, located on the south-east corner of the intersection, will re-locate into the Post Office site. The final step will be to tear down the old CIBC building, allowing the City of Mississauga to re-align the intersection.
Do you think this will fix the problem?
- What's Happening with the Re-Design of Port Credit's Worst Intersection?
- Changes Coming to Major Intersection in Mississauga
- Second employee at Canada Post's Streetsville office in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- inRumours: Café Diplomatico May Be Coming to Mississauga
- Food app services, post office workers urged to minimize contact with deliveries
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win