Worker Revived After Suffering Electric Shock in Mississauga
An electrician was miraculously revived after a near-fatal accident in Port Credit occurred Saturday afternoon.
He was working on hydro lines on Port Street West when he suffered a sudden electrical shock, the Mississauga News reports. The worker had no vital signs when nearby firefighters showed up to help.
Paramedics arrived shortly after and took over performing CPR, until the man was resuscitated and transported to a local hospital.
It seems he wasn’t the only one affected by the accident — a second worker was trapped inside a truck on the scene, and had to wait until other hydro workers were able to cut the power to live wires before he was freed.
There is currently a power outage on Port Street, according to Enersource, and police say the road is closed due to the ongoing work.
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- Adorable Kensington Market-Based Store Opens New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse
- Worker Dies in Industrial Accident in Mississauga
- Worker Dies in Mississauga Industrial Accident
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Seriously Injured Man Airlifted to Hospital Following Industrial Accident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Fined After Worker Sustains Critical Injuries
- Live Wires on Ground After Truck Hits Hydro Pole in Mississauga