Worker Revived After Suffering Electric Shock in Mississauga
An electrician was miraculously revived after a near-fatal accident in Port Credit occurred Saturday afternoon.
He was working on hydro lines on Port Street West when he suffered a sudden electrical shock, the Mississauga News reports. The worker had no vital signs when nearby firefighters showed up to help.
Paramedics arrived shortly after and took over performing CPR, until the man was resuscitated and transported to a local hospital.
It seems he wasn’t the only one affected by the accident — a second worker was trapped inside a truck on the scene, and had to wait until other hydro workers were able to cut the power to live wires before he was freed.
There is currently a power outage on Port Street, according to Enersource, and police say the road is closed due to the ongoing work.
- Paramedics Treating Male with Gunshot Wound in Mississauga
- New York-Based Company Opens Pop-Up Shop at Square One in Mississauga
- Collision Knocks Down Traffic Light at Major Mississauga Intersection
- It’s Going to be a Relatively Warm Week in Mississauga (Dec. 17 – Dec. 23)
- PHOTOS: Hugely Expensive GTA Mansion is For Sale
- Worker Dies in Industrial Accident in Mississauga
- Worker Dies in Mississauga Industrial Accident
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Seriously Injured Man Airlifted to Hospital Following Industrial Accident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Fined After Worker Sustains Critical Injuries
- Company Facing Huge Fine After Worker Critically Injured in Mississauga