Worker Dies in Industrial Accident in Mississauga
A male worker is dead following an industrial accident in Mississauga on Saturday afternoon.
“The Ministry of Labour has been notified and they’ll be doing their investigation,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Harinder Sohi.
Emergency crews were dispatched to the city’s northeast end, near Pearson airport, at 2:47 p.m.
The worker, crushed by his own truck, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Peel police remain on scene at Menway Ct. and Alstep Dr., in the Dixie and Derry roads area.
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report