Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
A woman is dead in Mississauga and Peel police are calling the circumstances suspicious.
“A female was located with obvious signs of trauma in a home,” said Const. Bally Saini.
Emergency crews were sent to Hurontario St. and Ceremonial Dr., between Bristol Rd. and Eglinton Ave., at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
“Through investigation it was deemed suspicious, and the homicide unit was contacted,” said Saini, adding it’s an “isolated incident.”
Police are notifying the victim’s family and officers are on scene early Monday to continue probing the death.
There’s no suspect information.
Tips can be directed to the homicide and missing persons bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Police are asking residents to avoid the area.
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
- UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
- Police investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga
- Elderly woman found dead under suspicious circumstances in Mississauga: Police
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 17
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police