Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
A woman is dead in Mississauga and Peel police are calling the circumstances suspicious.
“A female was located with obvious signs of trauma in a home,” said Const. Bally Saini.
Emergency crews were sent to Hurontario St. and Ceremonial Dr., between Bristol Rd. and Eglinton Ave., at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
“Through investigation it was deemed suspicious, and the homicide unit was contacted,” said Saini, adding it’s an “isolated incident.”
Police are notifying the victim’s family and officers are on scene early Monday to continue probing the death.
There’s no suspect information.
Tips can be directed to the homicide and missing persons bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Police are asking residents to avoid the area.
- Popular Restaurant Officially Opens in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- MISSING: Police Searching for This Mississauga Teen
- A Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
- 15-Year-Old Mississauga Boy Identified as Stabbing Victim
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton
- UPDATED: Suspicious Death Sends Police to Mississauga
- UPDATED: Missing Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious