Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
A woman is dead in Mississauga and Peel police are calling the circumstances suspicious.
“A female was located with obvious signs of trauma in a home,” said Const. Bally Saini.
Emergency crews were sent to Hurontario St. and Ceremonial Dr., between Bristol Rd. and Eglinton Ave., at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
“Through investigation it was deemed suspicious, and the homicide unit was contacted,” said Saini, adding it’s an “isolated incident.”
Police are notifying the victim’s family and officers are on scene early Monday to continue probing the death.
There’s no suspect information.
Tips can be directed to the homicide and missing persons bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Police are asking residents to avoid the area.
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
- UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
- Police investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga
- Elderly woman found dead under suspicious circumstances in Mississauga: Police
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police