Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
A woman is dead in Mississauga and Peel police are calling the circumstances suspicious.
“A female was located with obvious signs of trauma in a home,” said Const. Bally Saini.
Emergency crews were sent to Hurontario St. and Ceremonial Dr., between Bristol Rd. and Eglinton Ave., at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
“Through investigation it was deemed suspicious, and the homicide unit was contacted,” said Saini, adding it’s an “isolated incident.”
Police are notifying the victim’s family and officers are on scene early Monday to continue probing the death.
There’s no suspect information.
Tips can be directed to the homicide and missing persons bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Police are asking residents to avoid the area.
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
- UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
- Police investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga
- Elderly woman found dead under suspicious circumstances in Mississauga: Police
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton still reporting 5 postal codes with high COVID-19 positivity
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas