Woman rushed to hospital following Brampton shooting
Published January 20, 2023 at 10:32 am
Police are searching for a suspect after a woman was shot in Brampton this morning (Jan. 20).
The incident happened around 9:45 a.m., according to Peel Regional Police. Officers were called to the area of Candy Cres. and Major Williams Sharpe Dr. in Brampton for reports of a shooting.
Police say a woman was shot and the suspect fled the area in a vehicle.
The woman was reportedly conscious and breathing while she was being assessed by Peel Paramedics on the scene. She has been transported to a local hospital in stable condition, police said.
Police have not released a description of the suspect at this time.
– Candy Crescent/Major Williams Sharpe Drive in #Brampton
– Reports a woman has been shot
– Suspect fled in a vehicle
– No description at this time
– Victim is conscious, breathing and being assessed by @Peel_Paramedics
– C/R at 9:43 a.m.
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) January 20, 2023