Woman Pulled From Lake Ontario in Mississauga
A 64-year-old woman is in hospital after being pulled from Lake Ontario in south Mississauga on Monday.
“We don’t have details on the injuries or where they stem from,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Lori Murphy.
The water rescue took place in Port Credit around 8:45 a.m. — that’s when police, fire, and paramedics were dispatched to a call for a possibly deceased person at Lakeshore Rd. and Port St.
The woman was spotted near Snug Harbour restaurant and was rescued by the marine unit and Mississauga Fire crews.
She was treated by paramedics before being transported to local hospital where she remains in stable condition.
It’s unknown if the woman is from Mississauga or how she wound up in the lake.
Police are investigating.
Photo courtesy of Kevin Coffey
- Peel Police Rescue Two Men From Lake Ontario in Mississauga
- Incredible Police Rescue of a Couple Stranded in Lake Ontario
- Police Make “Dramatic” Rescue on Lake Ontario in Mississauga
- Police Looking to Identify Deceased Woman Found in Mississauga
- Elderly Woman Pronounced Dead Following House Fire in Mississauga