Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga
A woman has died after being struck by a transport truck in an industrial area in Mississauga.
This is the second pedestrian fatality this week.
Peel police Sgt. Josh Colley said a call regarding the collision, which occurred in the Meyerside Dr. and Ordan Dr. area (in between Dixie Rd. and Tomken Rd.), came in shortly after 12:15 p.m.
When officers arrived on scene, a female victim was pronounced dead.
Police say the driver of the truck remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Meyerside has been shut down between Dixie and Tomken and will remain closed while the Major Collision Bureau investigates the incident.
Shortly after police were called to the scene, officers were called to another collision involving a pedestrian and a vehicle in Brampton. That victim sustained non life-threatening injuries.
Earlier this week, a 36-year-old Toronto man died after being struck by a dump truck in the Dixie and Rathburn Rd. area.
Residents might want to avoid the area for now.
- UPDATE: 16-year-old cyclist dies after being struck by transport truck in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Cyclist dies after being struck by truck in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators