Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga
A woman has died after being struck by a transport truck in an industrial area in Mississauga.
This is the second pedestrian fatality this week.
Peel police Sgt. Josh Colley said a call regarding the collision, which occurred in the Meyerside Dr. and Ordan Dr. area (in between Dixie Rd. and Tomken Rd.), came in shortly after 12:15 p.m.
When officers arrived on scene, a female victim was pronounced dead.
Police say the driver of the truck remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Meyerside has been shut down between Dixie and Tomken and will remain closed while the Major Collision Bureau investigates the incident.
Shortly after police were called to the scene, officers were called to another collision involving a pedestrian and a vehicle in Brampton. That victim sustained non life-threatening injuries.
Earlier this week, a 36-year-old Toronto man died after being struck by a dump truck in the Dixie and Rathburn Rd. area.
Residents might want to avoid the area for now.
- Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Minivan and Transport Truck Collide in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic