Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga
A woman has died after being struck by a transport truck in an industrial area in Mississauga.
This is the second pedestrian fatality this week.
Peel police Sgt. Josh Colley said a call regarding the collision, which occurred in the Meyerside Dr. and Ordan Dr. area (in between Dixie Rd. and Tomken Rd.), came in shortly after 12:15 p.m.
When officers arrived on scene, a female victim was pronounced dead.
Police say the driver of the truck remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Meyerside has been shut down between Dixie and Tomken and will remain closed while the Major Collision Bureau investigates the incident.
Shortly after police were called to the scene, officers were called to another collision involving a pedestrian and a vehicle in Brampton. That victim sustained non life-threatening injuries.
Earlier this week, a 36-year-old Toronto man died after being struck by a dump truck in the Dixie and Rathburn Rd. area.
Residents might want to avoid the area for now.
- Police Investigating Report of Man with Hammer in Mississauga
- Here's What You Need to Know About Panhandling in Mississauga
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- Residents Devastated After Homeless Man’s Garden Destroyed in Mississauga
- Vehicle Flipped Onto Side After Collision in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Minivan and Transport Truck Collide in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga Pronounced Dead, Driver Fled
- Police on Scene After Pedestrian Struck in Busy Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga Hit and Run Victim ID'd by Police