Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga
A woman has died after being struck by a transport truck in an industrial area in Mississauga.
This is the second pedestrian fatality this week.
Peel police Sgt. Josh Colley said a call regarding the collision, which occurred in the Meyerside Dr. and Ordan Dr. area (in between Dixie Rd. and Tomken Rd.), came in shortly after 12:15 p.m.
When officers arrived on scene, a female victim was pronounced dead.
Police say the driver of the truck remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Meyerside has been shut down between Dixie and Tomken and will remain closed while the Major Collision Bureau investigates the incident.
Shortly after police were called to the scene, officers were called to another collision involving a pedestrian and a vehicle in Brampton. That victim sustained non life-threatening injuries.
Earlier this week, a 36-year-old Toronto man died after being struck by a dump truck in the Dixie and Rathburn Rd. area.
Residents might want to avoid the area for now.
- UPDATE: 16-year-old cyclist dies after being struck by transport truck in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Cyclist dies after being struck by truck in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban