UPDATED: Woman Carjacked at Gunpoint and Suspect on the Loose in Mississauga
Peel police are searching for an armed suspect following a carjacking in Mississauga.
“The victim was approached by an unknown male who was brandishing a gun,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Paolo Carretta.
A 911 call came in around 11 p.m. on Sunday from a plaza near Erin Mills Pkwy. and Burnhamthorpe Rd.
That’s in the South Common area.
The suspect “told her to get out,” said Carretta.
The woman complied and he drove off in her SUV.
She wasn’t injured.
But police caught up with the suspect a short time later at a nearby gas station.
That’s where the suspect allegedly reversed the SUV into the police cruiser then fled.
The officer wasn’t injured.
The stolen vehicle is described as a 2008 black four-door Ford Escape with rear-end damage.
If you see the vehicle, don't approach, warn police, advising to phone 911.
The suspect is described as a black male with a thin build. He was wearing a dark hoodie.
Anyone with information can phone the central robbery unit at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3410 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Police Searching for Attempted Armed Robbery Suspect in Mississauga
- Hunt on for Suspect Impersonating Peel Police Officer in Mississauga
- Gunpoint Carjacking Suspect Arrested in Mississauga
- Robbery Suspect Armed with a Gun on the Loose in Mississauga