Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga
A woman is facing charges following a recent incident involving a stolen vehicle.
Around 1:00 p.m. on Friday, January 11, police were investigating a stolen Jeep Wrangler in a parking lot in the area of Tomken Road and Eglinton Avenue.
The vehicle’s driver attempted to evade police and ended up colliding with two police vehicles, one of the investigating officers, and a white cube truck, police say.
She was then taken into custody.
While the vehicles were significantly damaged, only minor injuries were reported.
27 year old Toronto woman Michelle Garcia-Arguello is charged with possession of stolen property, dangerous operation causing bodily harm, flight from police, failing to remain, escaping lawful custody, and breaching probation.
Garcia-Arguello is scheduled to appear in court on Saturday, January 12.
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Mississauga
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Suspect Crashes Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Then Flees
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Vehicle Stolen with Elderly Woman Inside in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Vehicle Stolen with Dog Inside in Mississauga