Woman armed and barricaded in Brampton home, police on the scene
A heavy police presence is reported in the area of Major Oaks Dr. and Royal Salisbury Way in Brampton as officers are dealing with an armed person who has barricaded herself in a home.
Initial reports indicate a woman was assaulted by a downstairs neighbour and when police arrived they were told the suspect was a suffering from a mental health crisis.
It is not known the extent of injuries the woman has sustained.
Police also indicate it is not a hostage situation.
- Large police presence on scene for person in crisis in Burlington
- Police On Scene Due to Person in Crisis in Mississauga
- Peel police officer not facing charges after woman’s nose was broken during a mental health-related takedown in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect believed to have kidnapped 23 year old woman in Brampton
- Police investigating after woman assaulted in her vehicle in Mississauga
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket