Woman armed and barricaded in Brampton home, police on the scene
A heavy police presence is reported in the area of Major Oaks Dr. and Royal Salisbury Way in Brampton as officers are dealing with an armed person who has barricaded herself in a home.
Initial reports indicate a woman was assaulted by a downstairs neighbour and when police arrived they were told the suspect was a suffering from a mental health crisis.
It is not known the extent of injuries the woman has sustained.
Police also indicate it is not a hostage situation.
- Police On Scene Due to Person in Crisis in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect believed to have kidnapped 23 year old woman in Brampton
- Peel police officer not facing charges after woman’s nose was broken during a mental health-related takedown in Mississauga
- Police investigating after woman assaulted in her vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Hunting for Man Who Assaulted Woman in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers