Woman and 13 Year Old Boy Killed in Stabbing
Police are continuing to investigate a double homicide in Brampton on Friday morning, August 16.
Around 5:45 a.m., officers responded to a stabbing at a residence on Josephine Court and located two victims with life-threatening injuries.
The first victim, identified as a 53 year old mother of four, succumbed to her injuries inside the residence. The second victim, identified as her 13 year old son, was taken to a local hospital and succumbed to his injuries there.
"The suspect has been identified as a 51-year-old man who is the husband and father of the two victims," police say. "After the incident, he fled the residence in a vehicle and ended his own life in the area of Williams Parkway and Highway 410 in Brampton."
Names of the people involved will not be released at this time to respect the family's privacy.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is continuing to investigate the circumstances of this case.
Anyone with information that can assist the investigation is asked to call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- UPDATE: Mississauga Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- 15-Year-Old Mississauga Boy Identified as Stabbing Victim
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Female Suspect in Custody After Fatal Stabbing in Mississauga