Witnesses Sought after Skateboarder Struck in Mississauga
Peel police are looking to identify the driver behind the wheel of a minivan which struck a skateboarder in Mississauga, and they’re asking the public to help locate the suspect.
The incident took place March 24 at 6:37 a.m. near Bloor St. and Mississauga Valley Blvd.
That’s where the victim, a 17-year-old boy, was struck by a Toyota Sienna.
The teen was initially taken to local hospital, then transferred to a Toronto trauma centre.
His injuries are non-life-threatening.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the crash, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or know anything about the actions of the driver or skateboarder prior to the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Mississauga Massage Therapist Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- PHOTOS: Justin Trudeau Makes Major Budget Announcement in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Schools in Hold and Secure Following Ongoing Investigation
- PHOTOS: Meadowvale Neighbourhood Could Undergo Massive Redevelopment Soon
- Metrolinx Makes Significant Changes to the LRT in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Woman Struck and Killed in Mississauga