Witnesses Sought After Shots Fired in Mississauga
Witnesses are being asked to come forward after shots were fired in south Mississauga early Saturday.
"We're looking for surveillance footage and appealing for anyone in the area" to come forward, said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
First responders were sent to Lorne Park Rd. and Truscott Dr. - that’s right by Lorne Park Secondary School - at 5:13 a.m. after numerous 911 calls came in for possible gun shots.
Officers arrived and found multiple shell casings, confirming shots had been fired outside of a home.
A house in the area was identified as being involved in the incident, say police.
“Everybody that was in the residence was basically arrested and they've been brought back for investigation,” said Fischer.
No injuries have been reported, however, vehicles at the scene have been damaged.
The house involved is a short-term rental property and the owners weren’t there during the time of the incident, say police, adding the owners weren’t targeted in the incident.
"The investigation is ongoing and at this point no charges have been laid," said Fischer.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses or anyone who may have video surveillance, dashboard video, or any information regarding the incident.
Tipsters are asked to contact investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Gunshots Fired in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Shots Fired in Mississauga
- Police looking for vehicle involved in shooting incident in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses in Mississauga Shooting Incident
- Police Appeal for Witnesses of Shooting in Mississauga
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 27