With 25 new COVID-19 cases today in Niagara Region, current ongoing cases sit at 246

By

Published November 19, 2021 at 12:38 pm

Niagara Region has 25 new COVID-19 today (November 19) and with 19 cases resolved, the region is currently sitting at 246 ongoing.

At the moment, 15 people are being treated in Niagara hospitals – three in the ICU. Seven of the patients are fully vaccinated, eight are not. Two fully-vaxxed patients left the hospitals last night.

As has been the case since the summer, the Delta variant is the cause, responsible for 38 per cent of the case and the “likely” strain in the other 62 per cent.

St Catharines, due to its high population, continues to lead the caseload with 83 cases followed by Lincoln at 37 and Niagara Falls at 35. This is the first time Lincoln has registered the region’s second highest total.

Rounding out the double-digits in cases is Welland, Fort Erie and Niagara-on-the-Lake with 24, 20 and 11 cases respectively. Just last week, Fort Erie had an outbreak that vaulted them up to the second-highest in the region but those cases have subsided.

The remaining six municipalities range from a low of four cases apiece in West Lincoln and Wainfleet up to eight cases in Port Colborne.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising