Winter Weather Travel Advisory issued for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a Winter Weather Travel Advisory for Mississauga.
According to Environment Canada, a narrow band of lake effect snow is expected to develop over western Lake Ontario this evening (December 16) and into Thursday morning, which is projected to hit Burlington, Brampton, Hamilton, Halton Hills, Milton Mississauga and Oakville.
These areas are expected to get five to 10 cm of snow throughout the night, before it tapers off Thursday morning.
Drivers are instructed to use caution and prepare for quickly changing driving conditions.
Additionally, residents of these areas are encouraged to consider postponing non-essential travel as snow-covered and icy roads are expected Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
- Mississauga residents encouraged to postpone non-essential travel due to inclement weather
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow
- Mississauga under Winter Weather Travel Advisory
- Weather advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton this morning
- Winter weather travel advisory in effect for Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February