Winter Weather Travel Advisory issued for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a Winter Weather Travel Advisory for Mississauga.
According to Environment Canada, a narrow band of lake effect snow is expected to develop over western Lake Ontario this evening (December 16) and into Thursday morning, which is projected to hit Burlington, Brampton, Hamilton, Halton Hills, Milton Mississauga and Oakville.
These areas are expected to get five to 10 cm of snow throughout the night, before it tapers off Thursday morning.
Drivers are instructed to use caution and prepare for quickly changing driving conditions.
Additionally, residents of these areas are encouraged to consider postponing non-essential travel as snow-covered and icy roads are expected Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
- Mississauga residents encouraged to postpone non-essential travel due to inclement weather
- Mississauga under Winter Weather Travel Advisory
- Winter weather travel advisory in effect for Mississauga
- Winter weather travel advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton this morning
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory is in Effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in the Canada
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl