Winter Weather Travel Advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
Mississauga and Brampton are about to get hit with more snow.
A winter weather travel advisory in effect for today and tonight.
A total amounts of 5 to 15 cm are expected by Friday morning.
Portions of the Greater Toronto Area, particularly downtown Toronto, southern Etobicoke, Mississauga, Milton, and Oakville.
This includes sections of the following highways:
-Queen Elizabeth Way
The snow will start midday today through to Friday morning. The steadiest snowfall is expected this evening.
Lake enhanced snowfall is expected to locally boost snowfall amounts to 10 to 15 cm in parts of the west end of the Greater Toronto Area. Accumulating snow could cause poor driving conditions, and impact the commute this evening and Friday morning. The localized nature of lake enhanced snow means that snowfall intensity and accumulations may vary considerably between nearby locations.
Drivers should plan to give themselves extra time to reach their destination.
If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop.
- Winter weather travel advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton this morning
- Heavy snowfall to impact morning commute in Mississauga and Brampton
- Weather advisory in effect for the morning commute in Mississauga
- Heavy snowfall to impact morning commute in Hamilton
- Special weather advisory in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines