Winter weather to impact morning commute in Mississauga
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect overnight leading into Tuesday morning.
“A band of snow will move through Southern Ontario beginning near midnight,” Environment Canada reports.
“Snow will continue overnight with total amounts of 4 to 8 cm expected by early Tuesday morning. Brief freezing rain is possible overnight.”
Residents should expect their Tuesday morning commute to be affected, as the accumulating snow and low visibility may lead to poor driving conditions. Motorists are advised to allow extra time to reach their destination.
The snow is expected to transition to rain or drizzle Tuesday morning as a warm front moves through and temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
- Special weather advisory in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Weather advisory in effect for the morning commute in Mississauga
- Snow Could Create Messy Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Snowy weather expected to make morning commute difficult in Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class