Winter weather to impact morning commute in Mississauga
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect overnight leading into Tuesday morning.
“A band of snow will move through Southern Ontario beginning near midnight,” Environment Canada reports.
“Snow will continue overnight with total amounts of 4 to 8 cm expected by early Tuesday morning. Brief freezing rain is possible overnight.”
Residents should expect their Tuesday morning commute to be affected, as the accumulating snow and low visibility may lead to poor driving conditions. Motorists are advised to allow extra time to reach their destination.
The snow is expected to transition to rain or drizzle Tuesday morning as a warm front moves through and temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: What you should know about COVID-19 assessment sites in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Mississauga up to 200 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Peel District School Board shares plan for continued learning during COVID-19 school closure
- Special weather advisory in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Weather advisory in effect for the morning commute in Mississauga
- Snow Could Create Messy Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Snowy weather expected to make morning commute difficult in Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga