Winter weather to impact morning commute in Mississauga
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect overnight leading into Tuesday morning.
“A band of snow will move through Southern Ontario beginning near midnight,” Environment Canada reports.
“Snow will continue overnight with total amounts of 4 to 8 cm expected by early Tuesday morning. Brief freezing rain is possible overnight.”
Residents should expect their Tuesday morning commute to be affected, as the accumulating snow and low visibility may lead to poor driving conditions. Motorists are advised to allow extra time to reach their destination.
The snow is expected to transition to rain or drizzle Tuesday morning as a warm front moves through and temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
- Special weather advisory in effect for Mississauga this morning
- Weather advisory in effect for the morning commute in Mississauga
- Winter weather travel advisory in effect for Mississauga and Brampton this morning
- Heavy snowfall to impact morning commute in Halton
- Snow Could Create Messy Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9