Winter Storm Closing Schools and Delaying Transit in Mississauga
No matter how many times we experience winter, we never quite get used to how thoroughly it screws with our best-laid plans.
According to Environment Canada, we can expect to see up to 15 cm of snow, with the storm starting today (it’s already out in full force) and persisting into tomorrow. Environment Canada reports that the snow will continue into Tuesday night. The heaviest snowfall should occur overnight tonight and persist into Tuesday morning (meaning the Tuesday morning commute might be a tough one).
“Northeast winds gusting to 50 km/h are also expected this evening into Tuesday, resulting in localized blowing snow,” Environment Canada reports. “Travel conditions today into Tuesday night may be hazardous as a result of snow and blowing snow.”
Fortunately for us, the snow will taper to scattered flurries Tuesday night.
But since we’re far from being out of the woods, it’s important to take note of some snow-related disruptions.
Sheridan College recently announced that it’s closing at 5:30 p.m. and GO Transit announced that passengers should expect a number of delays.
Weather notice: Sheridan will close at 5:30 pm today. Evening classes are cancelled. Commute safely everyone. Pls RT.— Sheridan College (@sheridancollege) March 13, 2017
Finch Bus Terminal 16:10 - Square One GO Terminal 17:10 #GObus estimated to be delayed 30 minutes: traffic and weather conditions.— GO Transit (@GOtransit) March 13, 2017
In fact, you might want to follow GO updates on Twitter very carefully
If you’re driving, please exercise caution and go slow.
- All residents of Brampton, Mississauga, and Ontario ages 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second dose
- Square One serving up mall food in new parking lot dining area
- 34% of second dose bookings in Mississauga and Brampton went to Toronto residents
- Police on scene of Brampton crash, one vehicle flipped over
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted