Will These Mississauga Restaurants be on 'You Gotta Eat Here!'?
We already know the phrase ‘You Gotta Eat Here’ applies to so many awesome restos in Mississauga.
But the popular TV show’s host, John Catucci, actually did very recently.
It’s for the Ontario Veal Appeal competition in search of the best veal sandwich.
Catucci, who’s from the Food Network, is in the city to sample some eats at Kantene. He hit up the Cooksville spot last week.
(It’s in the Dundas St. W. and Erindale Station area — we dig their lamb burger and veggie pizza!)
Kantene opened in early 2018 and the new resto has ranked among the top 15 semi-finalists out of 129 restaurants — “and even some Nonnas” were nominated, according to the contest website, making it one tough competition.
And Kantene isn’t the only local place on the list.
Pronto Cafe & Eatery made the cut, too, with Catucci visiting on June 11.
When will the finalists be revealed?
And there’s room for one lucky winner to join the celebrity judges’ table to help crown the winner.
The finals take place at a private, exclusive event at the St. Lawrence Market Kitchen in Toronto on June 23.
Where’s your favourite veal sandwich in Mississauga?
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- Condo Prices Rising as House Supply Dwindles in Mississauga
- The People Behind the Street Names in Mississauga
- Tesla Launches Lawsuit Against Ontario Government