Will the Canada Post Strike be Resolved Soon?
The Canada Post strike may soon be resolved.
Canada Post recently proposed a time-limited offer to the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) in order to resolve negotiations and to return to regular operations in time for the holidays.
The offer improves pay increases by 2 per cent per year for all employees, in addition to the measure of signing a bonus of up to $1,000.
This would all be on top of the approximate 25 per cent pay increase from the recently announced pay equity ruling.
The offer also addresses many of CUPW’s concerns which involve health, safety, and workloads.
As a result of the upcoming holiday season and the urgency created by the backlogs, this offer is only available for a limited time. The offer will be open for acceptance until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018.
To stay informed, customers can go to canadapost.ca/update or follow Canada Post on twitter @canadapostcorp.
- Here's How the Canada Post Strike Could Affect Christmas
- Is a Canada Post Strike On Its Way To Mississauga (and Beyond)?
- The Canada Post Strike May Have Only Just Started
- Another Canada Post Strike Looms Over Mississauga (and Beyond)
- Agreement Reached with Canada Post, No Strike Coming to Mississauga