Who Would You Like to See on Mississauga’s Walk of Fame?
Mississauga has been home to a number of accomplished and impressive residents—something that comes as no surprise to anyone who has spent time in Canada's sixth largest city.
Some locals have done incredible things in sports, music, politics and philanthropy and for that reason, they deserve to be honored.
The team behind the newly-formed (but very prestigious) Mississauga Walk of Fame - Legends Row, a organization that seeks to honor Mississauga’s best and brightest, recently announced that nominations are now open for the next group of Mississaugans who will be selected as recipients of the 2018 Crystal Legends Row Award in November.
“Legends Row profiles leading citizens who have accomplished great things and made a contribution to the betterment of not only our city, but indeed Canada, and in some cases, around the world,” organizers say. “Through their actions and deeds, pride and spirit has been introduced to our community. They are special citizens, some widely known, others not household names, but the common thread amongst all of them is that their talents and accomplishments we hope will influence and inspire our leaders of tomorrow.”
Some past recipients include Streetsville-raised band Billy Talent, athlete Fran Rider and local hockey legend Paul Coffey.
"This is the highest honour a citizen of Mississauga can receive", explains Ron Duquette, president and founding director of Mississauga's Walk of Fame - Legends Row.
"And anyone who lives in or has a business in our city can help select those who will receive this distinguished award this year."
You can nominate someone here.
Nominators interested in participating are encouraged to get all of the details, including inductee criteria, categories, and the selection process, by clicking here.
Information on how candidates are ultimately selected can be found here.
Located at the Jubilee Garden on Celebration Square, the Walk of Fame was unveiled last year and is comprised of permanent totems celebrating Legends Row honorees.
Those submitting online selections will have until midnight on Friday, August 31 to make their choices in the seven categories available. There are no restrictions as to the number of nominations made by any one individual.
To learn more about Legends Row, click here.
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Car drives on sidewalk in Mississauga
- Canada issues travel advisory warning for India
- Five Reasons You Need to Try This Amazing Egyptian Restaurant in Mississauga
- Top 5 Most Expensive Restaurants in Mississauga
- Who Should be on the Mississauga Walk of Fame?
- Hockey Legend Paul Coffey to Be Inducted into Mississauga's Legends Row
- A Mississauga Walk of Fame is Coming
- Bon Jovi Guitarist Phil X To Be Inducted Into Mississauga’s Music Walk of Fame
- Host of Mississauga Residents About to Receive Prestigious Honour