Which Roads Are Closed During the Mississauga Marathon?
The 2018 Mississauga Marathon is happening this weekend, and quite a few roads will be closed throughout the event to accomodate runners.
The full marathon is set to begin at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 6 and will be impacting roads until at least 6:00 p.m.
If you’re planning to be on the road on Sunday, here’s the closures you should be aware of:
- 2:00am to 8:00am: City Centre Dr from Duke of York Blvd to Robert Speck Pkwy
- 2:00am to 8:00am: Duke of York Blvd south of Princess Royal Dr (Access permitted to Civic Centre parking)
- 7:00am to 8:40am: Burnhamthorpe Rd (both ways) from Hurontario St to Mississauga Rd
- 7:30am to 9:30am: Mississauga Rd from Burnhamthorpe Rd to Dundas St (Traffic permitted to go north on Miss Rd from Dundas for St Peter`s Church only)
- 7:30am to 10:10am: Mississauga Rd from Dundas St to Lakeshore Rd
- 7:30am to 10:20am: Mississauga Rd from Lakeshore Rd to Lake St (south of Lakeshore Rd)
- 8:00am to 10:30am: Indian Rd from Mississauga Rd to Lorne Park Rd (Traffic permitted to go west on Indian Rd)
- 8:15am to 10:35am: Lorne Park Rd from Indian Rd to Truscott Dr
- 9:00am to 12:30pm: Orr Rd going East from Southdown Rd to Meadow Wood Rd (Traffic permitted to go west on Orr Rd)
- 9:00am to 12:40pm: Meadow Wood Rd going north from Orr Rd to Lakeshore Rd (Traffic permitted to go south on Meadow Wood Rd)
- 9:15am to 1:30pm: Ben Machree Dr
- 8:15am to 1:50pm: Front St S, south of Lakeshore Rd to Lake St
- 8:20am to 2:10pm: Elmwood Ave S & Carlis Pl, south of Lakeshore Rd
- 8:20am to 2:10am: Wanita Rd from Elmwood St to Cumberland Dr
- 8:20am to 2:15pm: Cumberland Dr from Wanita Rd to Wenonah Dr
- 5:00am to 6:00pm: Lakefront Promenade
In addition, a number of roads will have either limited access or no access during the marathon.
More information regarding these roads, all road closures, and the event itself can be found by visiting mississaugamarathon.com.
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win