What’s open and closed on Thanksgiving Monday in St Catharines and Niagara Region
Published October 8, 2021 at 6:30 am
This year, Thanksgiving falls on Monday, October 11 in in St Catharines and Niagara Region.
As Ontario continues to move through Step Three of COVID-19 protocols, all restaurants, fitness centres and bars will be running at 50 per cent capacity with proper social distancing in place.
While this list is accurate to what businesses’ web-sites are saying right now, it’s always best to call ahead.
- The Smart Centre in Niagara Falls is listed as open but added on Thanksgiving, “hours may differ.” The Canada One Mall in Niagara Falls is listed as open 10 am to 6 pm.
- The Outlet Collection in Niagara-on-the-Lake is listed as 10 am to 8 pm but also added “hours may differ” on Thanksgiving.
- Any restaurants that’s presently open will be open on Monday.
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba grocery stores
- All Cineplexes and movie theatres that are presently open will be on Monday.
- Shopper’s Drug Mart stores will be open as will convenience stores and gas stations.
- Craft breweries in Niagara Region that are traditionally open Monday will be open on Thanksgiving. They include: Bench Brewing, 3991 King St, Beamsville 905-562-3991; Lock Street Brewing, 15 Lock St, St. Catharines 905-935-2124; Silversmith Brewing, 1523 Niagara Stone Rd, Virgil 905-468-8447; Niagara Oast House Brewing, 2017 Niagara Stone Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake 905-868-9627; The Exchange Brewery, 7 Queen St, Niagara-on-the-Lake, 905-468-9888; Niagara College Teaching Brewery, 135 Taylor Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake, 905-641-2252; Counterpart Brewing, 3659 Stanley Ave, Niagara Falls 905-354-2739; Niagara Brewing, 4915-A Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, 905-374-5247; Blackburn Brew House, 8001 Blackburn Pkwy, Niagara Falls 905-358-0801; Cold Break Brewing, 193 St Paul St W, St. Catharines 647-581-4009; Gretzky Estate Beer/Wine, 1219 Niagara Stone Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake 1-888-510-5537
- Restaurant/brewery The Merchant Ale House, 98 St Paul S, in St Catharines, 98 St Paul St, is listed as open 4 pm to 2 am but added “hours may differ” on Thanksgiving. Call (905) 984-4060 to be certain.
- Most area wineries are expected to be open, but call ahead to be sure.
- Niagara Falls tourist attractions such Bird Kingdom, The Fun House, Niagara City Cruises, Clifton Hill Entertainment, Niagara Falls Fun Zone and Ripley’s Believe It or Not! are all listed as open but most say “hours may vary” on Monday. Call ahead to be certain.
- The Pen Centre and Fairview Mall in St. Catharines
- Non-emergency municipal services, including all town and city halls
- Federal and provincial government offices
- Canada Post (no mail pickup or delivery)
- Most major grocery stores, including Walmart’s, will be closed
- All 13 Beer Stores and 15 LCBOs in the region will be closed
- Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
- Niagara Falls Public Transit, Welland Public Transit and St Catharine Public Transit will both be on holiday schedules
- The Niagara Inter-Municipal Transit Service, which operates a region-wide transit system, with stops in St. Catharines, Welland, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Thorold and Fort Erie, will all revert to their traditional holiday schedules.
- GO Transit buses that run from Toronto to Niagara Falls will also be on a holiday schedule.