What’s open and closed Victoria Day May 23 in Brampton
Published May 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm
With warm weather in the forecast this year for Brampton on Victoria Day Monday falls on May 23 , many folks will likely be out and about for the long weekend.
The majority of stores will be closed, but there are still shops and restaurants open for you to take in while enjoying a break from the daily grind.
There won’t be any official fireworks at the Brampton City Hall, Garden Square or at Chinguacousy Park.
Here’s a list of what’s open and what’s closed on Victoria Day in Brampton:
- All major grocery stores
- Trinity Common Mall
- Brampton City Hall
- Community Centres
- LCBO and Beer Store
- Service Ontario
- Canada Post
Most Region of Peel services are closed including:
- Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA)
- Region of Peel Human Services
- Employment Resource Centres
- Ontario Works
- Family Health Call Centre
- Healthy Sexuality Clinics
- Peel Works Needle Exchange Program
- TransHelp office
- Bramalea City Centre will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., individual store hours may vary
- Some restaurants and bars will be open for takeout or delivery, but call ahead to be sure
- Brampton Recreation Centres will be open according to modified hours
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts and Rexall
- Some smaller grocery stores
- Some Beer Stores
- Brampton Transit will operate on a Sunday/Holiday schedule
- Service counters are closed
- GO Transit will run on a Sunday schedule
Stay the know
Subscribe now to receive our daily email of today's top stories in your city!